Congratulations! Just got engaged?
But don’t know where to start?
Don’t worry Brides – we have everything you need to plan the perfect day.
We have in excess of 70 exhibitors; wedding professionals from the beautiful Scottish Borders attending our show, and all willing to help you with important choices for your special day.
Please take time to speak to as many exhibitors as you can, take home lots of literature for ideas, many have free samples or special offers if you book from the show so please ask them.
Some Do’s and Don’ts
- Plan your day for yourself, not for others
- Choose local wedding suppliers
- Get the Groom to be involved, it’s his wedding too
- Remember to involve Stepparents in some way
- Select and book your band or DJ 18 months in advance
- Book your Bridal cars 18 months in advance
- Pick a song for your first dance that has meaning or a good memory for both of you
- Have someone else do your makeup, you may be too nervous
- Send your invitations out 6-8 weeks before the wedding
- Send your thank you notes out no later than 3 months after the wedding
- See several of each wedding professionals before making these important decisions
- Go over the kinds of pictures you will want with your photographer well ahead of time
- Take dance lessons for your first dance
- Register for gifts well in advance of your wedding date
- Select dresses for your attendants that flatter them all
- Select favours that reflect your personalities or interests
- Make sure you are comfortable with and like all of your wedding professionals
- Consider some of your photos in black and white, they are timeless
- Remember to allow time for table visits during your reception
- Attend Wedding Shows for ideas for your wedding
- Have a tasting for your reception food and your wedding cake
- If you have an outdoor ceremony be sure to have a backup in case of bad weather
- Don’t stress out over little things
- Choose flowers that are in season – helps reduce costs
- Assign someone to attend to your gifts after the reception
- Be sure the Best man has an appropriate toast that includes something about the Bride
- Make all payments in a timely manner
- Wear waterproof mascara
- Get a good nights sleep the night before your wedding
- Do not let friends or family talk you in to things you don’t want for your wedding
- Be sure to eat on your wedding day, it’s easy to forget or be too excited
- Don’t leave your guests too long between the ceremony and reception
- Don’t drink too much at your wedding, you want to remember every last moment
- Be creative and personalise your wedding
- Have your hair done ahead of time with your head piece
- Make appointments with wedding professionals so you are not disappointed if they are unavailable
- Think about how the wedding colours you select will look at the reception site
- Do not have drastically different hair and makeup from your everyday look
- Take time to look around and enjoy everything you have been planning for so long
- ENJOY YOURSELF AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!